background

Monday, July 30, 2012

Mego Prego Week 34

34 weeks and still going strong! This week has been more of the same: lack of sleep, sore feet, swollen ankles and painful ribs, but nothing that has really kept me down and out completely.

Zac's mom came down for a visit this weekend so that gave me an excuse to get off the couch and get out and about a little more! We kicked the weekend off with a nod to the British--Olympics style. The Olympics have always caught my interest, probably because they were such a fun part of our childhood. I remember when Kristin and I would tape off the living room floor with masking tape to practice our balance beam routine in hopes of capturing a glimpse of the Magnificent Seven's grace. It was about the only thing that would keep us from running down to the beach if the Olympics just so happened to fall during vacation. And it taught me a lot about the world around us--not only pride in our own country but also about the freedoms that are lacking in others as we watched little girls prance across the floor with little choice. So, in celebration of the London Olympics we went to The Pub where they serve authentic British cuisine. We all ate a round of fish 'n chips and Zac enjoyed some other British classics.


Saturday, we ventured to Berea for some strolling and munching at the local eateries. Before we left, we stopped at the Boone Tavern for some photo ops--this will definitely be a place we will have take a little weekend getaway once we're ready. Any willing babysitters?

Sunday, we went on a drive around the Bluegrass and then wrapped up the night with a musical under the stars--Legally Blonde. Unfortunately, we didn't make it through the whole thing. Lying on a blanket on a nice night sounded relaxing but it quickly got quite uncomfortable and I had to call it quits for the night.

Talon Winery and Vineyards, Lexington

2 comments:

  1. I would be glad to babysit any time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I watch gymnastics I think about the "balance beam" we made! Very fond memory. I remember using a VHS tape as the measurement for how wide to make it because one of the announcers said that the beam was about as wide as one.

    I will babysit...but only after I've gone through intensive training (both for my benefit and theirs). Haha. Maybe mom and I can just babysit together so I have back up from someone who knows what to do!

    ReplyDelete